- To learn the various normal degrees of bank, including steep turns.
- To learn climbing and descending turns.
- To learn how to turn onto selected headings.
Motivation to Learn
Turning is clearly a fundamental aspect of flying. Understanding proper turning techniques are essential to becoming a proficient pilot. You will also need to be proficient at steep turns for your flight test. Furthermore, it is important to know how turning affects the stall speed of your airplane.
- The different angles of bank
- What is adverse yaw and why it occurs during banking
- Entering and maintaining a turn
- Climbing and descending turns
- Steep turns of greater than 30° of bank
- Turn rate and turn radius
- Other considerations