- How to recognize the ingredients required to create a spiral dive.
- How to recognize you are in a spiral dive.
- How to recover from spiral dives.
Spiral dives can easily develop if you find yourself in clouds or poor visibility. Once you enter a spiral dive you might only have 178 seconds to live! The ability to recognize the spiral and recover can save you and your passengers lives. The key is interpreting what your instruments are telling you. You will be able to sense a spiral dive on a beautiful day with great visibility, but it is much harder to recognize the behaviour of the aircraft when everything is white.
- Description and causes of spiral dives.
- Recovery from spiral dives and important considerations.
- Instrument indications.